Sunday, July 12, 2015

To My Friends, Farewell

I woke up in the morning to find myself realizing how much I was going to miss Reese, Lucy, and Melissa. It was 6 o’clock when I had my last shower with Melissa. It was a very sentimental moment for us because we were always shower buddies with Rachel. At the end of the shower, I quickly headed to my room to pack the sheets and clean the room. Afterwards, I had one last meal with my psychology buddies, Reese and Lucy at College Town Bagels. It was yesterday night when we decided to go to College Town Bagels to eat one last meal, and enjoy the cool atmosphere surrounding us. It was a good walk. While walking, we had our last, fun moments with each other. We bantered around under the morning sun, like any usual day, but my emotions overflowed as we returned from College Town. With a few tears here and there, I watched everyone go in their own direction as I went in my own direction as well. Unfortunately, the three of us didn’t see Melissa off. Her taxi arrived at 8 AM, and we were only a few minutes late, just a few. After saying goodbye to Reese and Lucy, as they continued to pack their luggage, I finished my room inspection and met Shanti, Julie, and Helen at the Balch Arch. Helen called for a taxi to take us to Statler Hall, where we placed our luggage in the Hotel Management class. On our way to Statler, I was quite nervous. Since I missed saying my last farewells to Melissa, I didn't want to miss saying goodbye to Reese. He said that he was going to be arriving at the RPCC at 9:30 AM, and that overlapped with my plan to come back to North Campus because with the taxi ride to Statler, plus the unloading of our luggage, and my walk back. made it seem impossible for me to see his departure. Yet, I made it to say farewell.

After placing our luggage with the Hotel Management class, I quickly ran to RPCC. I was frequently checking my phone and texting him where he was. I was lucky to find him still waiting for his room inspection in Donlon, as I hurriedly speed walked my way there. I was lucky to meet them at the same time when they were leaving the dormitory.  I felt relieved to see my bud off but I cried a ton, even though I did so this morning. The moment that got to me was when he asked for a goodbye hug. That was truly touching and I allowed the waterworks to flow. Lucy was also letting her eyes “sweat” profusely, and the three of us had a moment together. Reese kept telling us not to cry, but that made matters worse as the mere thought of it made our tears stream out.  At last it was time for him to get on the bus. The moment the bus moved, I made the dramatic attempt to chase after it and kept crying as Reese disappeared. Afterwards, Lucy and I went back to Donlon to hang out a bit. When it was 11 o’clock, we walked together to the main bridge, where we separated. The walk there was de ja vu because we walked down the same path together on the first day of class. It was nostalgic and ironic to end my final moments with the girl I started it with.

 While on the bridge, we hugged one last time and soon went our ways. I didn’t look back, or to be more specific, I couldn’t. I didn’t want to see her cry because I knew that she would have made me cry as well. Once reaching Statler, we made our way into Mr. Chan-Law’s room to chill.  We had our final lunch at College Town Bagels, which was delicious. Afterwards we went back to the hotel to wait for our shuttle. Our shuttle came at 2 PM, and once we entered the bus we took a row to ourselves since there weren’t many passengers riding. We all slept in the bus, but I felt sweaty after waking up.
With Lucy and Her Sister

The bus didn’t have any cool air to bring my body temperature down but blew warm, hot air as a substitute. The weather outside the bus was more preferable and I was glad to be leaving. Our flight to Chicago got delayed by half an hour which really screwed us up because we had a limited amount of time to run over to our gate to catch the plane to San Francisco. Shanti and I were the last ones to get our luggage, and therefore had to use more energy to literally run across the airport. I was tired by then when I reached the gate, but once sitting down, I revived. The plane ride was packed, and I was glad that we were able to make it to the flight with a few minutes to spare. Once we arrived at SFO, we quickly grabbed our luggage and left to go to the shuttle. I was glad to be home, but at the same time sad to leave Cornell. During the past three weeks, I have been able to meet the greatest people who have changed my perspective of the world. To those people, I would like to say thanks for being with me throughout the program even though I was “unique.”

To my friends, I bid a farewell for now and if we were to meet each other again, may it be where we met each other at Cornell University. 

No comments:

Post a Comment