Sunday, July 5, 2015

My Last Adventure in Public Transportation

Today, I woke up with one goal in mind; finish my affirmative assignment.  I was given this assignment on Monday, but from Monday through Thursday, I spent almost all of my free time studying for my quiz.  I studied until I ran the topics into the ground, but since it was the first quiz and I didn't know what to expect, I believed it was better to be safe than sorry.  The rest of Thursday and much of Friday I was mentally incapacitated, so it was a struggle to get a lot of work done.  Then, of course, yesterday was our memorable trip to Niagara Falls.  By the time I got back to the dorms yesterday, I put all of my  energy into writing my blog.  

The only "sweet" part of my day
Which brings me to today.  I arrived at the College Town Starbucks at around 10, ordered up a large caramel frappuccino to ingest the most caffeine possible in one sitting and got to work.  Three sips in and I was absolutely wired.  My fingers were clicking on the keyboard at lightning speed, trying to achieve the most work in the least amount of time.  My classmate, Sam, arrived at around 10:30 and we started to collaborate on how to tackle the project.  For the first couple of hours, I had to grind.  Nothing came easy and I often ran into wall after wall.  Right when I thought I was going somewhere with my argument, I quickly found myself stuck.  At around three o'clock, Sam and I decided to take a break and eat.  We ate at Collegetown Pizza, then grabbed a little desert at Insomnia Cookies.  Then, we headed to the bus stop to head back to our dorm. 

I thought the bus ride would be a quick, easy, distressful five-minute ride.  I thought incredibly wrong.  The bus only made one stop that I was familiar with, then we started venturing into uncharted territory.  At first, I thought that the bus was taking a different route and was going to circle around back to Mary Donlon.  Then the bus started getting farther and farther away from North Campus, leaving Sam and I confused as to what was going on.  Once every other passenger on the bus departed, I approached the bus driver and asked how long until we circled back to the North Campus stop.  He said this particular bus never headed to North Campus.  Rather, this bus took a route out and back into Ithaca, completely the opposite way.  I asked if we could find another bus stop and he said there weren't any stops available in the distance.  Essentially, we were stuck until the bus circled made its way back to Collegetown.  Which it did...after about 30 minutes.  What could have been a 20 minute walked back to North Campus turned into a 30-minute bus drive that advanced us 200 yards from where we began in the first place and we also had to walk back to the dorms!  Needless to say, I wasn't a happy camper and I vowed to never use public transportation during my stay again.  Once I made it back to the dorm, I finished up my assignment hyped up on another Starbucks energy drink.  

No comments:

Post a Comment