Monday, June 15, 2015

The Countdown is Almost Over...

Today is Monday, June 15th, 2015. In less  than a day, six students including myself will be heading on the first leg of our trip that will culminate in a three week course at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. My bags are packed, mostly, and now I just have to wait for my alarm clock in the morning at 3:00 AM tomorrow. 
Skype, the cat
It's going to be odd to not always have one of my pets following me around or shedding on me for almost a month, since they are always around. My cat, Skype, likes  to sleep on me so I hope he will be able to survive on his own...just kidding he would do just fine on his own. My dog, Moxie, won't mind me leaving too much because she is the most attached to my mother but I'll miss her dog hair in my food and her constantly wanting to go outside and come back inside.
Moxie
The other thing I'm going to miss while I'm having the time of my life on the East Coast will be hanging out at the barn with the horses and the people there. I ride as many times as I can during the week usually, so it will be strange to not be riding for a month, although I'm sure it is an acceptable price to pay for this opportunity through the Ivy League Connection!
We are all meeting at El Cerrito High School at 3:50 AM tomorrow morning to get on a shuttle to go to San Francisco Airport, and I'm really excited even though I find planes to be flying metal death traps that I try to avoid at all costs. Only 12 hours left!

No comments:

Post a Comment