Sunday, June 28, 2015

Laundry is a Competitive Affair

Another lovely rainy, cold, Bay Area day in Ithaca, New York. Today was the first time I've worn jeans and a sweatshirt on the whole trip. On my morning run this morning, everything was wet and there was a solid layer of misty rain coming down.

One of the coolest things about rain is the smell. Australian researchers named this smell petrichor in 1964, which is a combination of plant oils and the chemical geosmin that comes out of dirt.

When I came back to my dorm after my run, I showered and then I met up with Shanti, Thao, Melissa, and several other floor mates of theirs to go to breakfast. Once there we ate with Reese, Joe, and Frank. This morning the popular items on the menu were pancakes, waffles, and sausages. The scrambled eggs were terrible. Like fluffy sponge that has been warmed up in a microwave. But everything else was fine.

Joe ate three hard boiled eggs, and the only reason I'm bringing this up is because he was almost about to puke because three hard boiled eggs is a lot of egg for one human. Especially when said human ate other food as well, like sausage and waffles. Don't be like Joe and eat three hard boiled eggs because you will regret it and your table mates will laugh at you.

When I returned once again to my dorm room, I gathered all my laundry to bring to the laundry room. Apparently everyone does laundry on Sunday late morning, because when I arrived I took the last open washing machine, and several minutes after I had arrived, four other girls arrived too. There are only four washing machines and four dryers, so there was quite a line by the time my laundry load finished washing. I'm just glad I arrived ten minutes faster than everyone else, because if I hadn't I would still be stuck in the laundry room!
Puddle Reflection

The afternoon was going to be pretty relaxed and boring, but then my room mate asked me if I would go to Target with her. I agreed, since she didn't want to go alone, and because I needed floss and toothpaste anyway. We took the bus, and ended up waiting about twenty minutes to catch the right bus to take us to Target. Fortunately, on our return trip, the bus  arrived just as we were leaving the store so we didn't have to wait at all.

Although rain is nice, it puts a damper on outdoor evening activities, so this evening I settled into my room to blog and read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment