Friday, June 26, 2015

Going Greek

 We like to play with Plato (Play-Doh)...
It is finally Friday. The day of my first quiz for psychology. I was nervous about the questions that were going to back, but when I looked at the quiz, it was not as scary as I thought. I knew the concepts and how to describe them, but did I write it well enough. Today in class, Professor Gilovich finished our section on thinking and continued onto feeling. We did a brief discussion on feeling, and soon the quiz was given to us. The quiz did not take long, but I checked my work over and over again. After the quiz, I met up with Lucy and Reese to go to eat lunch. Afterwards I had a fun time swimming with Reese, Melissa, Joseph, and Stephen.

We went swimming at Helen Newman Hall at 5 o'clock. The pool there was split up into lanes. The five of us were in the last lane and did a few laps here and there. I enjoyed being in the cold, refreshing water that surrounded my body. It was a feeling that I longed for, a feeling that I missed. As I did a few laps here and there, I realized how tired I was after doing eight laps. I talked to Ricky, my classmate, who swims a 23 second for a 50 free. I was surprised with his time, he has speed. Reese and I looked at each other with shocked looks, thinking that our times do not match up with his. An hour later, Melissa and I showered in the steamy room and soon left the building to eat dinner at the RPCC. 

Tonight at Mary Donlon, there is a Toga party. I wasn't interested in going, but Lucy convinced me and Joseph to go. We wore our last minute togas; shout out to Lucy for designing and making my beautiful toga. To be honest, the party was not as excited as I thought it was going to be, so Joseph and I decided to go back to the dorms to relax for the rest of the night. As I am in my dorm relaxing because I have no homework for the time being, I am grateful for the opportunity to be here today, surrounded by amazing people around the world. 

I would like to give a special thanks to Dean Glenn Altschuler who has given me this opportunity to spend three weeks at Cornell University on a scholarship. Hopefully I will be able to write him a meaningful letter, but I am thinking of being more creative with my message. I am grateful for this scholarship, it really does mean a lot. Thank you Dean Altschuler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment